Welcome to The Comm
For 100 years, the Waverly Community House, affectionately known as The Comm, has been the social and cultural center of the local community. Throughout the decades, The Comm has changed and developed, yet continues to serve the community, connect neighbors, and provide a haven for families and individuals.
Please click on the links below for dates & details.
- Peter Hoffer & Georgios C. Kyriakos Art Show Opening in The Waverly Small Works Gallery- Friday, July 30, 2021, 5-7 pm
- Camp Create 2021- Aug 2-6 or Aug 9-13- 10 am - 2 pm
- Free family concert on the back lawn of The Comm - Burn the Jukebox - August 6th, 6-8 pm
- Free family concert on the back Lawn of The Comm - The Abington Ramblers- Tuesday, August 17th, 6-8 pm
- Cars and Coffee- Sunday, August 29th, 9-11 am
- The 2021 Comm Classic Golf Tournament-Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Houston Person Jazz Quartet- Sunday, September 26, 2021, 2-4 pm
- The 38th Annual Artisans' Marketplace - Saturday, Nov. 20 and Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021.
June 21st -August 6th
The courts will be reserved from 10 am until 3 pm
Monday through Friday for Comm Camp.
They are open before and after camp unless reserved.
Reservations will be noted on the posted reservation calendar.
Tennis Court Reservations
The courts may be reserved by those who contribute to The Comm’s Annual Sustaining Fund.
A minimum donation of $50 per family per year is asked.
To schedule a reservation, please call Kathy Wright at The Comm office:
570.586.8191 Ext. 2
The Waverly Community House is calling all cars to Cars and Coffee. Bring your exotic, classic, antique car or hot rod (motorcycles are also welcome) to the Comm back lawn on Sunday, August 29th from 9:00 to 11:00 AM.
The event is open to the public at no charge. No registration is necessary.
Enjoy a Sunday morning of comradery with your fellow motor heads on the beautiful Comm square.
What: Beginner Spanish
Ages: 5 to 10 years
When: 3 Weeks: June 21-25, June 28– July 2, July 26 –30; Monday through Friday: 1:00—2:00 PM
Fee: $60 per week
Where: The Waverly Community House, 1115 N. Abington Road, Waverly in The CRB Room
Week 1 – June 21 – 25 Actividades y Deportes (activities and sports) ○ Learn how to talk about your favorite activities and sports.
Week 2 – June 28 – July 2 Juegos Colores y Numeros (color and number games) ○ Use your Spanish words for colors and numbers to play games.
Week 3 – July 26 -30 Familia (family). Learn how to create your family tree using your new Spanish vocabulary.
CLASS SIZE WILL BE LIMITED TO 10 CHILDREN PER CLASS.
See above category listing. Click on the color-coded category to view upcoming events.