- This event has passed.
New To Medicare Class
June 13, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
A “New to Medicare” Class will be offered on Tuesday, June 13, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the CRB Room.
Are you turning 65 in the next 12 months?
Are you considering retiring and not sure of your health insurance options?
Have you been receiving Disability benefits and will soon be eligible for Medicare?
Do any of these situations apply to you??
Then this class is for you……
APPRISE, part of the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is offering a New to Medicare Class designed to:
- Show you all your Medicare options
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each option
- Show you how to avoid all financial penalties
- Show individuals how to do a Medicare Advantage Plan or a Drug Plan comparison
- Explain state and federal programs available for income-qualified individuals to offset costs
- Answer any questions
This is a clear, informative and unbiased explanation of an individual’s Medicare health insurance options. This class is offered by APPRISE counselors. The APPRISE Program is Pennsylvania’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program, which is overseen by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging. It is not affiliated with any insurance companies or brokers.